12 Tips to Increase Productivity on Your Livestock Farm
There are many things you need to put in place in order to achieve the highest productivity you desire for your agribusiness. If you can implement the following tips, your livestock farm productivity would improve.
Read also: Integrated fish farming- rationale and scope
- Employ the right and diligent farm workers, and always be concerned about their welfare.
- Cull or remove any non-performing or under-performing animals from your flock and draw out an effective and workable plan to replace them with performing ones.
- Observe all the biosecurity measures so as to prevent disease outbreaks which results in economic losses.
- Make sure you curb any form of pilfering on your farm.
- Take nutrition very seriously and make sure you give your animals adequate feeds for best production.
- Don’t forget that water is essential to animals, so your animals should not be deprived of water.
- Replace any damaged or expired production material with good ones.
- Take up-to-date records of every activity and inventory on your farm. This is important and essential in asset evaluation and worth.
- If you’re financially capable, upgrade your farm technology to the latest one such as introducing automatic drinking system, feeding system and make sure you have read and digested enough information about them.
- Give appropriate vaccines and medicines to your animals and you must carry this out in the right way.
- Seek for professional assistance in a situation that you believe you’re incapable of handling.
- Avoid wastage on your farm and be resourceful to convert any animal waste into money. Such as selling poultry manure to food crop farmers, processing dead birds to feed fishes and/or use animal dungs to breed maggots and earthworms.
You will see the good result when you do the above. However, you must also consider God as an important partner for a successful business. Start with Him and He will surely guide and manage the business with you. Your farm is your property and investment. Therefore, you should put efficient and effective measures in order to make more profit.
Have a good business year.
For more information and updates join our WhatsApp group HERE
Follow us on Twitter Here